Northern Biologics, Inc. and affiliate companies (Northern, us, we or our) respect the privacy of visitors to its website, https://northernbiologics.com/. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to provide you with information on how we will use and protect the personally identifiable information you share with us. This Privacy Notice will be continuously assessed against new technologies, business practices and the needs of persons with whom we communicate. By using Northern’s website, you agree to the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you have any concerns or would like to contact us about any aspect of this Privacy Notice, please get in touch with us through the online form at the contact section on our website.
As the controller of the personal information as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation n°EU 2016/679 (GDPR), Northern has committed to comply with the GDPR. Northern wants to make sure that European Union (EU) data subjects understand what personal information is collected about them, how their personal information is used and how it is kept safe by Northern when they use Northern’s website.
Northern will only collect personally identifiable information you voluntarily submit through the online contact form on our website. This information includes, but is not limited to, your last and first name, and e-mail address, address or telephone number, company name and position and health information, particularly medical conditions and medication.
We only use your personal information to help us improve our services and to inform you about additional products, services or developments that may be of interest to you and for which you have given us your consent. We do not share this information with outside parties without your explicit consent.
The information we collect will be used for the following purposes:
|The reasons we process your personal information||How we justify the processing|
|To respond to your requests or inquiries||We will ask your consent on the application form before you send it to us.|
|To respond to your employment application||We will ask for your consent on the application form before you send it to us|
|Improve the accessibility and user experience of our website||We only collect statistics cookies. You can disable these cookies in your browser.|
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. We may also release information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with law, (b) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements, or (c) protect the rights, property or safety of Northern, our users or others. We will not share, sell or transfer your personally identifiable data to any third party without your explicit consent.
The data protection representative of Northern in the EU is Northern Biologics affiliate company Mosaic Biomedicals SLU, which is located at the Barcelona Science Park, C/ Baldiri Reixac, 4-8, 08028 Barcelona, Spain.
If you are an EU data subject and have any questions about this notice or how we process your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at Northern.email@example.com.
If you are an EU data subject, you also have the right to raise a complaint about how your personal data is handled to the National Data Protection Authority located in the Member State in which you have your main residence or located in the Member State the alleged violation took place. To obtain contact details of all Member States Data Protection Authorities, click here.
Northern’s dedication to protecting your privacy also extends to children, and our website is not designed or intended to attract children 15 years old or younger, based on the country you are in. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any person we actually know is defined to be a child in a given country. If you have questions or concerns about the Internet and privacy for children, we encourage you to visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/protecting-kids-online.
This section addresses the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), to be effective as of January 1, 2020 which provides additional rights and protections related to personal information of California residents.
- “Do Not Sell My Data”. The CCPA requires companies that sell personal information to provide California residents a “Do Not Sell My Data” opt-out option, as well as an opt-in option for minors under 16 years of age. Northern does not and will not sell the personal information we collect and therefore we do not include these options on our website.
- Request to Know & Request to Delete. If you are a California resident covered by the CCPA, you are permitted to: (1) request that Northern disclose to you your Personal Information that we process, and (2) request that we delete your Personal Information. You also have the option to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may submit a request to Northern by contacting us: (1) via e-mail usig our online contact form or (2) via post to the address 101 College Street PMCRT 15-701. Toronto, ON M5G 1L7 Canada. After you submit your request, we will be in touch with you to verify your identity (and also your authority to make the request on another’s behalf, if applicable), including information that will enable us to confirm that you are a California resident. Our Data Privacy Office will consider various factors when deciding the steps needed to verify your identity (and also your authority to make the request, if your request is made regarding someone other than yourself). Factors may include, among other things, (a) type, sensitivity and value of the Personal Information about which the request relates; (b) risk of harm posed by any unauthorized access or deletion; (c) likelihood that fraudulent or malicious actors would seek the Personal Information; (d) whether the Personal Information to be provided to verify identity is sufficiently robust to protect against fraudulent requests or being spoofed or fabricated; (e) manner in which the business interacts with the person(s) about the whom the request relates; and (f) available technology for verification. If verification has been successful, we will then respond within legally mandated timeframes (typically within forty-five (45) days). Our response may be to provide the information requested, or to make the requested deletion. In some instances, our response may advise that a legal exemption applies and we are not able to comply with the request (such as for a request to delete). You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by Northern for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA. If you have any concerns or would like more information regarding these rights, please contact our Data Privacy Officer by email at Northern.firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a convenience to our visitors, Northern’s website provides links to a number of sites that we believe may offer useful information. The policies and procedures we described here do not apply to those sites. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy, security and data collection and distribution policies.
Provisions of this Privacy Notice that apply to EU data subjects shall also apply to European Economic Area data subjects.
We track IP addresses and statistics cookies; how visitors use the website, and the visitor’s device and behavior on our website. We will use your information only to respond to your requests and to aid us in making our website services more accessible and friendly to you. You can delete and disable cookies in your browser (see below).
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows website to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the website more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.